Thursday, August 18, 2011

How to find a reliable PHP development company?

I have a task - to prepare tender for contractor to our next project. We need a reliable company which works with PHP & MySQL & JavaScript. It's not so small project and we plan to maintain and add feature every month. So it's quit big deal if you see the long term. So I was thinking how to choose a good company for our project. And I have an Idea which I want to discuss with you.

Cube in orange stock photo by www.pixmac.com

I want to split the tender to 2 rounds:
  1. In the first I want to collect basic information through questioner about potential contractors and test communication with them. 
  2. In the second I want to invite selected companies from the first round and if they sign the NDA we'll send them a part of documentation and wait for comments and eventually the offers.
What do you think should be in in the questioner? I have tried to design a template for it, so we can improve it and than I can submit in to free templates to google docs. So here it is in Google docs:
As you see I have split it to 3 steps (actually 4 including the "Thank you step"). In the first I'm trying to get the basic information about company. In the second how they manage their source code and finally in the third how they work.

What's your comments to this questioner?

PS: If you want to compete in our tender send me mail please.

3 comments:

Jan Šedo aka HejTi said...

As I discussed it with my boss, I realized to add to question to the 3rd part:

1, How do you deal with deadlines?
2, How do you deal with changes in specification by us?

Anonymous said...

keep us updated when the questionary is completed.

Jan Šedo aka HejTi said...

Do you mean the template? I will evaluate them after first round of the tender. So I will publish another article in 2-3 weeks.

If you mean the tender: I have started it yet. So if you want to link to the tender questioner send me email please.